Search

Week 6

Updated: Mar 15


This week starts with preparing my panel review. Part of this is the production of a 30 trailer, in the guide it is suggested to be like a movie trailer, which plays well into the theme of my project. In a tutorial with Dan, he suggested looking at the opening sequence of Zack Snyder, Dawn of the dead.



The sequence is very gripping and very well done. I like the idea of placing these events into my sequence to increase engagement. I thought, as I am planning to insert real-world problems into the project, through interviews, that inserting carefully edited real-world clips into the short, edited in such a way that suggests a zombie apocalypse.


This meant searching the internet for news stories that I can relate to my concept. Covid-19 was a starting point, as I searched for videos about locking down. I also was able to find a story on COMPLAN 8888, which led to links for other "zombie" related news stories.


I finally placed in a couple of random clips, one on the Boring Company, not a flamethrower and one of the chickens. I wanted the chickens as Zombie chickens feature in my earlier research and the not a flamethrower to suggest armament of civilians for the outbreak.



As part of the feel for the video, I added interference to the slides. This was not particularly difficult as they were filters. There was however more of a challenge as I wanted a more obvious transition from each clip. creating adjustment layers and distorting the images achieved the look I wanted to achieve. Although modern television does not do this, I believe it helps create a better sense of the tone I was aiming for.




The video promo has helped this project in two ways. First, through looking for news sources I uncovered a few sources for research material. Secondly, I realised my first recruitment post was not that great and editing the video has allowed me to c


reate a recruitment video to try and help get more participants. As I do not have a time limit on the video, I can make it a bit longer and not sacrifice the content to make in a specific time. I feel I may create a couple more media posts to help gain a few more participants for this project.




This as a promo is way more engaging than what I have previously done on social media. Even though I got responses, I had hoped for more and was quite disappointed by the response I had.






With re-working my recruiting, I have decided to create a sub-page on my website. This feels a bit better for strangers to register interest in the project.



With the new video complete and uploaded to YouTube, I posted a teaser on my Instagram stories. Frustraightinly I misspelt 'fascination' on the video. A friend pulled me up on it in an instant message. It is annoying that I made the mistake, and this mistake is on the submitted promo video too.


As I had not posted the recruitment version yet I can make the edit and re-post. It annoys me that I did not spell check the word and if it had not been pointed out would have left it. This type of detail needs to be better going forward.













 


11 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Coming Soon